Eminent Domain (prototype)
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Reclaim human lands from mutant plants!
Eminent Domain is a 2D scrolling shoot 'em up where you pilot a mech on a mission to deliver former human lands from mutating plants that hijacked other mechs.
This game was made for MechJam III, a mech-themed game jam.
How to play
Download and run the executable for your platform.
- For the original jam version, download the zip suffixed with "jam-version" (Windows and Linux only). Kept for historical reasons.
- For the post-jam releases which contain the latest patches and improvements, download the zip suffixed with "postjam" (Windows, OSX and Linux). Recommended for a more enjoyable experience.
The player controls a humanoid mech that can shoot bullets and use its sword for melee attacks.
Enemies come in waves moving along curves and using simple bullet patterns. Dodge the bullets and destroy enemies with shooting or melee attacks.
- Shooting is fast and can be powered up by picking the (P) items randomly dropped by enemies. However, it doesn't go through shields.
- Melee attack is stronger and can go through shields, but it is slower and you cannot shoot while doing it.
You can play with keyboard or gamepad with those inputs:
|Keyboard & Mouse||Gamepad||Action|
|Directional arrows or WASD/ZQSD||D-pad or left stick||Move|
|Space / Mouse left button (held)||Right trigger (held)||Shoot|
|Left Shift / Right Shift / C||Face button right/down (A/B on Xbox and Nintendo controllers, O/X on PlayStation)||Sword attack|
|Escape||Start||Toggle pause menu|
The game is still incomplete. Since the jam release, as of v0.2.0, the menu has been completed and enemy waves have been added, but the boss and result screen are still missing. There are also a few known issues left.
We intend to fix them for v1.0.0.
Known issue on OSX
- Toggling fullscreen in the settings menu can cause an infinite loop
- Engine: Unity 2021 + custom Shmup Framework by komehara
- Cubase (DAW) + Serum, Stylus RMX, Korg Triton/Extreme VST, Omnisphere
- Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Krita
- Jetbrains Rider
- Leyn (komehara): Project coordinator, Level design, Programming
- Allie McKean (Kotourachan): Character Art
- Jony: Environment Art
- Liam Thomas (Riverbottom): Graphic design
- Stephen Cromwell (IcySoap): Music
- Everett Fischer: Sound design
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Authors||komehara, IcySoap, Riverbottom, Supremechykkaslayer, Kotourachan, Kalponic Games|
|Made with||Krita, Adobe Photoshop, Unity, Adobe Illustrator|
|Tags||Arcade, mechjam, mechjam-iii, Mechs, On-Rails Shooter, Shoot 'Em Up, Side Scroller|
|Code license||MIT License|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad (any)|
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.