Welcome to Waves Fighters, the arena of the 22nd century!
Your goal is to reduce the life gauge of your opponent through the beat and waves of your instrument.
Known issue in the Web version (playable at the top of this page):
- The BGM will not play the first time you select a level. If the BGM doesn't play when the fight starts, exit the level with Escape and re-select it. It should now play correctly.
- Escape will exit from fullscreen even if you just want to exit the current level, as it has input priority.
- The Exit button does nothing in the Web version (it should not be displayed at all).
- Characters can only move up/down and send a wave to attack.
- Characters can send 3 different types of waves, but you cannot send more
than 1 wave per second. The slower the wave, the higher the number of bounces. All waves deal 1 damage to the opponent on contact.
- Each character has 3 health points. If a character reaches 0 HP, the opponent scores 1 point, and the arena is reset.
- The first player to score 3 points wins the duel.
This game was made as part of the Global Game Jam 2017 @ ICAN (Paris) on the theme "Waves". See jam entry here.
Note that the 2nd screenshot contains a level that has been removed from the final build (we didn't like anechoic walls).
|Action||Player 1 (Keyboard)||Player 2 (Keyboard)||Both players (Gamepad)|
(Z/S on Azerty)
|Slow wave (4 bounces)||D/X||J||X button|
|Medium wave (3 bounces)||F/C||K||A button|
|Fast wave (1 bounce)||G/V||L||B button|
Cyrille Alvergnat - Game Design, Graphics
Nashoute - Programming, Level Design, Audio
Long Nguyen Huu (komehara) - Programming, Game Design, Level Design
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Release date||Jan 22, 2017|
|Tags||2D, combat, ggj2017, Global Game Jam, Local multiplayer, PvP, Synthwave, Top down shooter, Unity|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_NonCommercial_ShareAlike v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few seconds|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Global Game Jam|
Just download the zip and run the main executable (x86, x86_64, .exe or .app).
- First release on itch.ioMay 14, 2019
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.